- The Woke Desi presents: Tales With Tanuja
Author Tanuja Desai Hidier, the critically acclaimed author of the first young adult novel with a South Asian-American protagonist, Born Confused (and its sequel Bombay Blues), speaks with the ladies of TWD about South Asian identity, her groundbreaking work, reader responses across the globe as their lives were changed by seeing themselves in writing, her writing process, and New York-London-Paris love. Music credits for this episode: BORN TWO [the Born Confused theme] from WHEN WE WERE TWINS (songs based on the novel Born Confused) written/performed by Tanuja, Jeff Cohen, & Mike Shimshack [aka Unsuitable Girl]. DEEP BLUE SHE from BOMBAY SPLEEN (songs based on the sequel, Bombay Blues) written/performed by by Tanuja & Marie Tueje.
Giveaway alert: signed copies of both books + booktrack albums.
- BBC Asian Network – The Big Debate with Nomina Iqbal (Interview starts at 2:07:30)
- SOAS Radio – Pioneers of British Asian Literature feature
- Tanuja talking books, music, culture, identity (and even cutlery!) with Born Confused/Bombay Blues editor, author David Levithan
- WNYC – “After 20 Years, Basement Bhangra Says Bye to New York”, by Arun Venugopal, August 4, 2017
- Go Your Own YA: Episode 2: Never Mind the Bhangra: Born Confused by Tanuja Desai Hidier (September 26 2017)
- Meet-the-Author | Born Confused (Tanuja discusses what led her to write it and reads an excerpt)
- Meet-the-Author | Bombay Blues (Tanuja discusses what led her to write it and reads an excerpt)
- Name Pronunciation Recording
- ReadWriteThink podcast
- DJ Rekha Breakthru Radio radio show
- Tanuja selected as a KultureShop cultural and artistic “Influencer” and part of the #PinkLadyResists campaign (March 2017)
- Tanuja selected as Leading Face for the Dare2Drape / Triveni Sarees campaign (September 2015)
- New Asian Post: Top 5 Stylish Women Who Rocked a Sari